.Standard Terms & Conditions.
RentX vehicles should stay In Crete Island. Unless other agreement has written.
No Smoking policy in the vehicles.
No pets are allowed in the vehicles.
All passengers must use seatbelts when vehicle Is In motion.
Full Collision Damage Waiver with – GUARANTEE amount – (excess 500€)*
Full Collision damage waiver with NO PREPAYMENT GUARANTEE (FCDW – 500€ Excess)
*Only in the event of an accident, the customer is required to pay the amount of the combined insurance which is €500.
In case of negligent driving there is NO insurance cover if:
- The vehicle is operated on unpaved roads, mountainous paths or in the field (for example path to Balos is prohibited).
- The vehicle is operated outside the rental duration (or a previously agreed extension of that).
- The vehicle is willfully damaged by the renter.
- The vehicle is used in a competition or the vehicle is used to transport persons or objects for money.
- The driver of the vehicle is under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The renter violates the traffic regulations (traffic signs, speed limits).
In the case of an accident due to negligent driving by the driver who cancels the insurance coverage, the renter is responsible for the full compensation of the damage to the RentX vehicle.
Prices always include:
- Public Liability insurance (PLI)
- Theft and Fire Protection insurance (TP + FP)
- Personal accident insurance (PAI)
- Unlimited kilometers all over the island
- 24/7 Road Assistance all over the island
- Replacement of the car in case of serious damage (depending on availability).
- Additional Drivers
- All local taxes and VAT 24%
Driving License & age of driver:
National driver’s licenses issued in EU, Switzerland, Great Britain, Israel, Russia are accepted. An international driving permit is required in all other cases.
The driver must be at least 23 years old and have a valid driving license for at least one year (12 months).
Maximum age: 75 years old.
Only the persons registered in the contract are entitled to drive the vehicle and are covered by the insurance.
Our payment method is by credit card or cash payments (in Euro). We accept Visa MasterCard and Maestro card. The name of the card holder should be the same as the driver’s license name. There is no charge for credit card or cash.
There is no cancellation penalty. Renter can cancel the reservation anytime for free.
Car has to be returned the same amount of petrol or diesel as the car was delivered
Late return / Early return:
If the rental car has to be returned later than agreed, you should let us know in advance! You must return the rental car at the designated location and at the time specified in the rental agreement.
Please, if you need to come back later, let us know as soon as possible!
If you want to return the car earlier than booked during your rental, you will unfortunately not be refunded (you will receive a credit for the next rental) – no penalty for early return
Road restrictions – Driving a RentX Car.
Hirer’s are permitted to drive their vehicle on any road in Crete except the following which are prohibited in all circumstances:
- Any bitch or unformed/Gravel road in Crete. There are no restrictions on which road the vehicle can be driving on however travel on gravel or unsealed roads voids all insurance.
- The driver should follow the road traffic code speed limits and any instructions given by authorities.
- No changes of any kind to the interior or the exterior of the vehicle are permitted.
In case of an accident:
The first thing you have to do is to contact us by phone about the incident – the sooner the better so we can help instantly. Take photographs of the car and any other vehicles or of the site if this is relevant. The nearest police station must be informed to reach the accident’s location and get the names and addresses of everyone involved. Later, they will ask you to fill in an accident report form. If your car is not drivable we will bring you a similar one as soon as possible.
All traffic fines during the rental period are at the renter’s responsibility.
Theft Protection doesn’t cover any stolen belongings of the renter.
The customer is liable for all costs of replacing lost or damaged keys and the cost of restoring keys enclosed in the car.
Transportation outside the Island:
The written authorization of our company is required by any renter wishing to ferry the car to and from the island.
If the vehicle is not return in an identically clean state as it was supplied, a fee of 20€ will apply.
RentX reserves the right to refuse any rental at its own discretion and cancel any rental agreement at any time if there has been any report of driving which breach’s any Greek law.